Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferencesFrequently Asked QuestionsRegistration is free!check the newsstreams & 

mixesHere you can listen 2 other members´ tunes or upload 

your own onesCalendarSearch 

Contact Us / Shouts
drumandbass.at : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.4 drumandbass.at > MIXES/(M)TRACKS > Counterstrike - Yellow Stripe - 2010/12 Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BassSteppa
Minos DarkBox

Reg.: Jan 2007

Counterstrike - Yellow Stripe - 2010/12

Counterstrike - Yellow Stripe - 2010/12

1. Counterstrike & Zardonic - When Worlds Collide (PRSPCT Recs)
2. Counterstrike & Current Value - Obsessive (CS 4 AM mix) (Counterstrike Recs)
3. Current Value - Deadly Overclock (Counterstrike duo remix) (Guerilla Recs)
4. Nanotek - Never Say Die (Cooh remix) (Freak Recs)
5. Counterstrike & Dean Rodell - Headbanger (Counterstrike Recs)
6. Counterstrike & Gein - Pentagram VIP (Bad Chemistry Recs)
7. Current Value - Indivisible Force (Cybakotic remix) (Freak Recs)
8. Counterstrike - Careful With That Axe (PRSPCT Recs)
9. Demo - OD (Counterstrike remix) (Subhuman)
10. Demo - OD (Counterstrike & Gein remix) (Human)
11. Counterstrike - Mindfuck (PRSPCT Recs)
12. Counterstrike & The Panacea - Zef Bass (Position Chrome)
12. Counterstrike & Receptor - Vampires (Counterstrike Recs)

FUCK YEAH!!!! das kommt fast ans set ran, das er bei der PRSPCT XL gedroppt hat!!

-->
<--

for booking MINOS (DubStep):
roman.steindl@gmail.com

<<<>>>

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 29-12-2010 - 14:39
BassSteppa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BassSteppa Click here to Send BassSteppa a Private Message Click Here to Email BassSteppa Visit BassSteppa's homepage! Find more posts by BassSteppa Add BassSteppa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BassSteppa
Minos DarkBox

ach ja und hier noch das interview:

YELLOW-STRIPE (YS) - You’ve been an important part of the harder and darker Drum & Bass since the beginning of the decade, when that sound gained some momentum. What was that time like?

COUNTERSTRIKE (CS) - For us it was extremely frustrating since we were sitting on the ass-end of the world. We were isolated from the industry which was mainly in the UK. Us and our friend Carl Fremen were the only people making drum ‘n bass in Cape Town. So we had to figure everything out for ourselves. We only had dial-up internet then, so AIM was out of the question. We sent out hundreds of demo CD’s everywhere, but they most probably ended up at the bottom of a huge pile of other people’s demo CD’s. Luckily through visiting DJ’s like Dieselboy, Dj Red, Dylan and DJ Impact from Revolution Recs our music found it’s way to the right people. From 2003 onwards thing started rolling smoothly... we got signed to Alpha Magic, a big distributor at the time handling labels like Outbreak, Cell and Invader and from there we started touring Europe and the USA.

YS – Where do you draw inspiration for your music?

CS - Mostly it comes from hours of frustratingly fucking around with sounds. Out of the chaos something inspiring emerges, it could just be one sound... or a bass line, sometimes even a snare drum and then we roll with it.

YS – What are your musical references?

CS - Mostly it’s the music of our peers. Music of producers we DJ... we make music so we can play it in our DJ sets.

YS – What is your favorite place to play?

CS -Our monthly party Homegrown, in Cape Town.

YS – You are running two labels now, Algorythm and Counterstrike Recordings, how would you describe the output?

CS - To be honest we have somewhat slacked on Algorythm Recordings through the years. We were offered the opportunity to start Algorythm in 2004, but around that time we also got the chance to release on some bigger labels like Freak, Human and Moving Shadow. So most of our best tunes went to these labels. We have managed to do a good couple of releases through the years though. We started Counterstrike Recordings in 2009 because we wanted to be able to release material faster... mostly because it takes forever to release vinyl these days. 2011 is gonna be the year for Algorythm/Counterstrike Recordings though. We will be putting all our effort into it.

YS - What are you planning for the future?

CS - We will be putting all our focus into our labels in 2011. Expect a shitload of quality releases from ourselves and other artists. 500 Mills may be moving to the UK, so expect to see Counterstrike in stereo all over Europe.

YS – What are your TOP 5 tunes ever?

CS - DJ Trace - Mutant Revisited
Dillinja - Acid Track
Ed Rush & Fierce - The Locust
Dom & Roland - Thunder
Ed Rush & Nico - Technology (Boymerang remix)

YS – And your TOP 5 tunes at the moment?

CS - Counterstrike - Mindfuck (Prspct Recs)
Counterstrike & The Panacea - Zef Bass (Position Chrome)
Counterstrike & Zardonic - When Worlds Collide (Prspct Recs)
Counterstrike & Dean Rodell - Headbanger (Counterstrike Recs)
Counterstrike & Receptor - Vampires (Counterstrike Recs)

YS - What are you expecting for the NYE gig?

CS - An awesome party... as it always is in Porto

Meet Your Artists:

"Filipe Santos" - How do you transmit so much anger in a single tune?

CS - I guess it’s because we generally like listening to angry, high energy music, so we make angry, high energy music.

"André Costa" - Why did you choose COUNTERSTRIKE as your name?

CS - Originally we were known as Animal Chin & 500 Mills... but to us that just sounded too long and silly. When it was time for our first release we had to choose a shorter name. Eaton was playing Counterstrike at the time. We thought it sounded cool and went with it. We didn’t know the game would become so popular. Stupid name in hindsight, but too late now :-P

"Luis" - When playing out, where do you feel the best?

CS - To me it’s Homegrown in Cape Town. It feels like playing to my family.

"Joao Almeida" - In three words, describe Drum & Bass.

CS - needs more cowbell

YS - Leave a message for portuguese crowd!

CS - Looking forward and very happy to spend our NYE with you

-->
<--

roman.steindl@gmail.com

<<<>>>

Old Post 29-12-2010 - 14:44
BassSteppa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BassSteppa Click here to Send BassSteppa a Private Message Click Here to Email BassSteppa Visit BassSteppa's homepage! Find more posts by BassSteppa Add BassSteppa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UperCut
Mach!ne Freak

Reg.: Aug 2007

gOil danke

Old Post 29-12-2010 - 15:53
UperCut is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UperCut Click here to Send UperCut a Private Message Click Here to Email UperCut Find more posts by UperCut Add UperCut to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadowrunner
dnbfreak

Reg.: May 2005

quote:
Originally posted by UperCut
gOil danke

yeah geilOooo thx steppa :P

Old Post 29-12-2010 - 17:27
shadowrunner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadowrunner Click here to Send shadowrunner a Private Message Click Here to Email shadowrunner Find more posts by shadowrunner Add shadowrunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BassSteppa
Minos DarkBox

immer gerne jungs!!!

hoff 2010 hat euch so gut getan wie mir!

100e gute mixes hier am board und immernoch eines der besten boards - va in sachen "meinungsfreiheit" (wenn man mal von der ganzen mainfraim bande absieht.. )

bin echt schwer dankbar für dnb.at und all seine virtuellen bewohner, die großteils schon gesichter bekommen haben..

immer wieder läuft einem der eine oder andere übern weg - seis hier in ibk, oder in wien, oder gar in budapest & rotterdam & co!!

wünsch euch allen ein frohes & gutes neues jahr 2011!!!!

-->
<--

roman.steindl@gmail.com

<<<>>>

Old Post 30-12-2010 - 15:34
UperCut
Mach!ne Freak

auf jeden

GUTEN RUTSCH JUNGS UND MÄDLS DES BOARDS

Old Post 31-12-2010 - 11:32
UperCut is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UperCut Click here to Send UperCut a Private Message Click Here to Email UperCut Find more posts by UperCut Add UperCut to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny_mac

Reg.: Jun 2010

quote:
Originally posted by BassSteppa
CS - We will be putting all our focus into our labels in 2011. Expect a shitload of quality releases from ourselves and other artists. 500 Mills may be moving to the UK, so expect to see Counterstrike in stereo all over Europe.

niiiiiiiice

Old Post 31-12-2010 - 15:45
johnny_mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny_mac Click here to Send johnny_mac a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny_mac Find more posts by johnny_mac Add johnny_mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doinoida
Antiwobbler

Reg.: Oct 2009

Auch von mir ein frohes neues an alle!!!

Mix is sick!!!!!

Die Dupsteppassage = Godlike!

Old Post 02-01-2011 - 07:08
Doinoida is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doinoida Click here to Send Doinoida a Private Message Find more posts by Doinoida Add Doinoida to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
technoid
board freak

Reg.: Nov 2007

Counterstrike quality as allways!!!

Old Post 10-01-2011 - 09:33
technoid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for technoid Click here to Send technoid a Private Message Find more posts by technoid Add technoid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pixel_Junglist
board freak

Reg.: Jul 2009

CS rocks !!!

Old Post 10-01-2011 - 12:47
Pixel_Junglist is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pixel_Junglist Click here to Send Pixel_Junglist a Private Message Click Here to Email Pixel_Junglist Visit Pixel_Junglist's homepage! Find more posts by Pixel_Junglist Add Pixel_Junglist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pixel_Junglist
board freak

Reg.: Jul 2009

sick shit at 16:25!!! btw

Old Post 10-01-2011 - 12:50
Pixel_Junglist is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pixel_Junglist Click here to Send Pixel_Junglist a Private Message Click Here to Email Pixel_Junglist Visit Pixel_Junglist's homepage! Find more posts by Pixel_Junglist Add Pixel_Junglist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
technoid
board freak

die Current tracks sin ja mega schon wieder!
kränkster !!

Old Post 10-01-2011 - 13:00
technoid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for technoid Click here to Send technoid a Private Message Find more posts by technoid Add technoid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Subwoofer
board crew

Reg.: Sep 2009

Counterstrike & Dean Rodell - Headbanger

Old Post 10-01-2011 - 13:21
Subwoofer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Subwoofer Click here to Send Subwoofer a Private Message Find more posts by Subwoofer Add Subwoofer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
technoid
board freak

some forthcoming counterstrike dnb & dubstep

ärgstns!

Last edited by technoid on 12-01-2011 at - 19:16

Old Post 12-01-2011 - 19:10
technoid
board freak

Current Value - Indivisible Force (Cybakotic remix)

is der schon heraussn?

Old Post 01-07-2011 - 12:10
UperCut
Mach!ne Freak

nO

Old Post 01-07-2011 - 12:38
BassSteppa
Minos DarkBox

bin mir auch nicht sicher, ob und wo der kommt.. ich hoffs mal schwer! einer der diggsten dubstep remixes ever!!!

btw hat mark das synonym Cybakotic sterben lassen und macht dubstep nun auch unter Nanotek

-->
<--

roman.steindl@gmail.com

<<<>>>

Old Post 01-07-2011 - 12:43
UperCut
Mach!ne Freak

ich glaub auch das er das gemacht hat

Old Post 01-07-2011 - 12:56
lanbiyu

Reg.: Jun 2013

Old Post 01-06-2013 - 06:36
lanbiyu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lanbiyu Click here to Send lanbiyu a Private Message Click Here to Email lanbiyu Find more posts by lanbiyu Add lanbiyu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time is now - 15:03 (CET) Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread | Subscribe to this Thread | Next Thread
drumandbass.at : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.4 drumandbass.at > MIXES/(M)TRACKS > Counterstrike - Yellow Stripe - 2010/12